Why a Doula?
There are lots of practical reasons for hiring a doula. The benefits are many
- decreased chance of cesarean
- average length of labor is shorter
- intervention rates are lower
- women who have doulas report being overall happier with their births
While all of these statistics are great, having a doula is so much more than that. Through our relationship we will build a bond. We will spend lots of time talking about your birth, what you need, how you would like your birth to be. I will support you and your family through the whole process. Anytime you need me, I am available by phone and text. For questions, for fears, or anything else. I absolutely will not take the place of your partner. Rather, I free them up to do what they do best, LOVE YOU! I support them as much as I support you. I support any and all decisions you make and will work my hardest to help you have the birth your desire. By the end of your pregnancy, we will have close relationship. We will trust each other and we will make a great team.
Birth Doula Services
This is my basic birth package. I work with families in the Middle Georgia area. This includes Warner Robins, Macon, Forsyth, Perry, and the surrounding areas. I will work closely with you to provide any support you need during your pregnancy, labor & delivery, and postpartum. $500
- Phone and text support during your pregnancy to answer any questions you may have.
- 2 Prenatal appointments in the comfort of your own home. These generally last 1-2 hours. They can cover a wide range of topics, from birth plans to heart burn.
- I will be on-call for you from week 37-delivery. That means that I am available to you 24 hours a day while we await the arrival of your little one.
- Continuous support during labor and delivery. When you decide that you need me, I will join you either at your home or at the hospital, which ever you prefer and stay with you through your delivery.
- Postpartum support for 1-3 hours after delivery. I will stay with you until you and your new baby are settled, and help you in any way I can.
- 1 Postpartum visit 7-10 days after delivery. Although you can call me at any time with questions and concerns, I love to come by and visit you to ensure that you and your family are adjusting to life with your little one.
Birth Doula PLUS
This package includes everything in the Birth Doula Package, but it also includes a second postpartum visit. At this visit I will give you a one-on-one infant massage class. It lasts 1-2 hours. $550
Everything But the Birth
Sometimes a mom needs prenatal and postpartum support, but would like to labor and deliver on their own. That’s what this is. I will provide everything from my Birth Doula Package, without the birth support. $300
Everything But the Birth PLUS
In this package you will receive all the support that is in the Everything But the Birth package, as well as a second postpartum visit that will include a one-on-one infant massage class. $350
Infant Massage Classes
Massage has so many benefits, why not share those benefits with your baby? Not only is it great for bonding with your little one, but it an help with a wide variety of issues. Massage is great for everything from helping improve sleep patterns to colic or constipation. During this class we will go over benefits, practice techniques, and have a lot of fun along the way. Everything is provided. All you need to bring is your baby, a pillow, and a blanket.
Group Class (offered about once a month) $50
For information on the group class, please visit my Facebook Page or call.
One-on-One Class (at your home) $60
A La Carte Services
I also offer these services for a rate of $50/hour.
- Relaxation techniques
- Labor support techniques
- Birth Plan counseling
I Accept the Following:
- All major credit cards
- Health savings account cards