Why a Doula?
There are lots of practical reasons for hiring a doula. The benefits are many
- decreased chance of cesarean
- average length of labor is shorter
- intervention rates are lower
- women who have doulas report being overall happier with their births
While all of these statistics are great, having a doula is so much more than that. Through our relationship we will build a bond. We will spend time talking about your birth, but we will also spend time talking about your cares, your desires, and the things that cause you concern or worry. I will work to not only know the things that matter most, but to also understand why they are so important to you. I absolutely will not take the place of your partner. Rather, I free them up to do what they do best, LOVE YOU! I support them as much as I support you. I support any and all decisions you make and will work my hardest to help you have the birth your desire. By the end of your pregnancy, we will have close relationship. We will trust each other and we will make a great team.
Areas I Serve:
Warner Robins, Macon, Forsythe, Perry, Bonaire, Kathleen, Centerville, and Surrounding Areas.
Birth Doula Services
When I decided to become a doula, it was because I love helping parents find their way through the journey to parenthood. I find that 2 visits isn’t always enough time for us to accomplish everything we would like to. Because of this, I have designed my birth services in a way that gives us plenty of time to build a relationship that gives you the best care. The extra time you will spend with me will be time well spent. Your birth story matters to you, and it also matters to me. $1200 (Additional travel fee added for clients more than 45 min away)
- Phone and text support during your pregnancy to answer any questions you may have.
- 5 Prenatal appointments in the comfort of your own home. These generally last 1-2 hours. They can cover a wide range of topics, from birth plans to heart burn.
- 1 Preparing for Birth Childbirth class, in the 3rd trimester.
- I will be on-call for you from week 37-delivery. That means that I am available to you 24 hours a day while we await the arrival of your little one.
- Continuous support during labor and delivery. When you decide that you need me, I will join you either at your home or at the hospital, which ever you prefer and stay with you through your delivery.
- Postpartum support for 1-3 hours after delivery. I will stay with you until you and your new baby are settled, and help you in any way I can.
- 1 Postpartum visit 7-10 days after delivery. Although you can call me at any time with questions and concerns, I love to come by and visit you to ensure that you and your family are adjusting to life with your little one.
- 1 Postpartum visit 4-6 weeks after delivery. Feel free to call or text any time, but at this visit we will go over infant massage, answer any questions you have, and close out our contractual agreement. (However, I love getting updates and pictures of your sweet baby)
A La Carte Services
I also offer these services for a rate of $50/hour.
- Relaxation techniques
- Labor support techniques
- Birth Plan counseling
I Accept the Following:
- All major credit cards
- Health savings account cards